Now that winter is upon us, cleaning snow can be a daunting task for most residence. Especially in more recent winters our region has received it’s fair share of snowfall and storms. It’s important to be prepared with the right tools to weather any storm safely.
Safety while using a snowblower:
10 Reasons to buy Outdoor Power Equipment From an Authorized Local Dealer!
1. SPECIALIZATION- Dealers carry brands which specialize in outdoor power tool equipment.
2. EXPERTS- Dealers tend to be knowledgeable sales people who can explain the features, benefits, and differences between different brands and models and help you select the right product for your specific application.
3. PRIORITY SERVICE-Guaranteed service and fast. Many dealers give a higher service priorities to machines that were purchased at their specific dealership.
4. SERVICE CENTER-Most dealers are trained professionally in service. If your Sno-Thro is down, they're trained by the professionals to repair it.
5. PARTS- Authorized dealers carry genuine service parts that big box stores most likely won't have to repair your machine. This ensures that you get your full warranty.
6. ASSEMBLY & SETUP- When you purchase your equipment from an authorized dealer, it will be given to you fully assembled, tested, and prepped with gas and oil.
7. SUPPORT- Learn how to use and service your machine from professionals, and not from the manual. Most dealers provide demonstrations and safety instructions when you purchase your product.
8. WARRANTY REGISTERATION- most dealers help you register your product to make it easy for warranty procedures.
9. ACCESSORIES- Dealers offer full lines of accessories such as cabs, covers, floor mats, skid shoes and gloves.
10. SUPPORT LOCAL COMMUNITY- By purchasing certain products from a local independent dealer, you are supporting and promoting economic growth in your community.
>>Share your comments below.
Ottawa Smart Shoppers Paper features an article on the front page of Dec 01,2011 about selecting the right Snow-blower. The article provides valuable information for Ottawa snowblower buyers based on insight from Yarmand Tech who are Ottawa's Local Expert on Snow blowers as well as Founder of the informational source: www.OttawaSnowblowers.com. View PDF version of the article here.
Regardless of whether you’re upgrading or first time buyer, shopping for a good snow blower can be a daunting task. Here is somethings to consider:
1- Determine the type and size of the base on your property size
-Small single stage models are light and compact but cannot handle heavy snow.
- Dual stage models are more powerful and range from 24-32” wide
- Tractor attachment models are for large drive ways and range from 40”-54” wide
2- Features to look for:
- Durable steel construction of auger steel chute and heavy duty cables
- Electric Starter on the engine
- Halogen headlight
- Big snow tires for traction
- Power steering for manouvering
- Remote chute and deflector control
- Single hand Operation lock
- Hand warmers
3- Serviceability and Dealer Support
Snowblowers are long-term investment and require regular maintenance. Make sure that wherever you purchase the snowblower can also provide you with the service and support you will require to maintain the machine.
For more information: www.YarmandTech.com